Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week 35 ALMOST THERE!!!

This week started off with a little scare. I woke up Monday morning at 4:30am with really bad chest and back pain. In order to find out what was going on, Mark and I took a little trip to the ER. They ran a bunch of tests on me, did an ultrasound on my legs to check for clots, drew several tubes of blood from my veins and arteries (ouch!) and monitored Olivia. The diagnosis: UNKNOWN. :( The doctors only explanation was acid reflux or something with my gallbladder. So they sent me home with the orders to rest and drink plenty of fluids. I have been okay since and Olivia is very healthy. I guess it's just not time yet.

How far along? 35 Weeks


Total weight gain/loss: +27 lb Ya, totally gained 11lbs in 2 weeks, ugh! The doctor said it was all water weight.

Stretch marks? Ugh!

Sleep: Depends on the night.

Best moment this week: Knowing that Olivia is healthy.

Movement: Still a little mover, I think she is head down. Sure feels like it!

Food cravings: Pepsi freezes from Fastlane!

Labor Signs: Contractions.

Belly Button in or out? Still in but very stretchy.

What I miss: Being able to get off the couch on my own.


What I am looking forward to: Mark finishing the nursery this weekend!!!! (Pics will be up next week)

Weekly Wisdom: None this week.

Milestones: Olivia's bag and my hospital bag are all packed, the car seat is installed, the nursery is 95% complete, we have everything we need, we are ready for her!


At 35 weeks, your baby is considered full-term and she looks developed. The soft, fuzzy hairs that once covered her body begin to disappear. She continues to add fat layers, which will help her stay warm once she's out of the womb. During these last weeks, your baby is developed sleeping patterns (and they often have little to do with night and day!) Your unborn baby weighs in at about five pounds, 10 ounces and stretches to around 12 inches (crown to rump). Baby's total size is about the size of a sheet cake.

0 comments: